F.R.O.G... Fully Rely on God

Monday, September 6, 2010 8:59 PM Posted by Hallelujah Bird
So, remember those cheesey ( sorry if there are some who love them...i once wore one myself) W.W.J.D and F.R.O.G bracelets? See Image for a lovely reminder of said bracelets:)
A lot of times the Lord and I meet at night. Lately we've been chatting as I'm getting ready for bed. I like to use this time to ask him answers mostly about where do we go from here etc... There is so much more to this marriage thing then I even thought of 4 years ago or  even 8 years ago when I knew I was going to marry him. You are called to be a woman of sexual and emotional integrity. In every woman's battle  by Shannon Ethridge one of the sections speaks clearly on this.  I will enlighten you a bit below:

Let's put this all together. for a Christian woman, sexual and emotional integrity means that her thoughts. words, emotions, and actions all reflect an inner beauty and a sincere love for God, others, and herself. This doesn't mean that she is never tempted to think, say, feel, or do something inappropriate, but that she tries diligently to resist these temptations and stands firm in her convictions. She doesn't use men in an attempt to get her emotional cravings met or entertain sexual or romantic fantasies about men she is not married to. She doesn't compare her husband to other men, discounting her personal worth and withholding a part of herself from him as punishment for his imperfections. She doesn't dress to seek male attention, but she doesn't limit herself to a wardrobe of ankle- length muumuus, either. She may dress fashionably and look sharp or may even appear sexy ( like beauty, sexy is in the eye of the beholder), but her motivation isn't self-seeking or seductive. She presents herself as an attractive woman because she knows she represents God to others.
A women of integrity lives a life that lines up with her Christian beliefs. She lives according to the standard of love rather than law. She does not claim to be a follower of Christ yet disregard His many teachings on sexual immorality, lustful thoughts, immodest dress, and inappropriate talk. A woman of integrity lives what she believes about God, and it shows everywhere from the boardroom to the bedroom.

I am confident those ideals apply to every facet of my life. Especially when it comes to having children. I have also realized that having a child isn't just about the 9 months and the fun of getting there. It's being the kind of person you want your child to see and look up to.

In all of this I have been seeing where I am at with the Lord in my life and if I am really ready for this task. I so often look to others when I have a problem. I forget the Lord is even there. He has been telling me how much I need him and how I should F.R.O.G...He is all I need, all I want, and I surrender all to HIM!

So to wrap all of this up I really feel like God is calling for me...He wants me fully devoted to him...it is not going to be easy giving up old ways and habits but I know He is going to walk with me...

I know someday we will be blessed with a child....I am not sure when....but I know that God is with me even now and it will be his absolute perfect plan.

Thanks again for reading...

love love....jess:)

2 Response to "F.R.O.G... Fully Rely on God"

  1. Unknown Says:

    The fact that you're searching your heart, intentions, and lifestyle and striving to devote yourself to the Lord proves that you're going to be a fantastic mommy, and I can't wait for it all to happen :) In God's timinig, of course ;-)

  2. Hallelujah Bird Says:

    thanks girl. you are great:)

Post a Comment